Ok, I am probably so behind on this linky, but I decided this one was a must! I have so many plans and expectations for summer 2013 that I have to share! So, I am linking up with A Cupcake for the Teacher to share my summer bucket list. Here it goes....
1. JOB HUNT! - I am antsy and ready for my own classroom! While I can't complain, I have loved subbing and my after school intervention job was A-MAZING, I am ready to join you veterans! I have learned so much and being a part of the TpT and blogging community has got me itching for a full-time position. Rhode Island market is, well, close to zero when it comes to jobs though! I will take what comes at me and when it is meant to be it will happen. Until then, I will enjoy the extra free time to create on Tpt! That leads me to my next item on the list...
2. TPT CREATIONS - I am SOOO motivated to create right now! I am actually in the middle of working on my Fall version of my Spring Reading Comprehension Passages. If only I could work faster! That's my downfall! I take a while to create a product. I wish I was like some sellers out there who can bang out a product in a day. #somedayillbeasgreatasyou (if only blogger had working hashtags)
3. GET FIT - With the help of my lovely Instagrammers and fellow TpT-er's, we are all working together to help each other get fit! We are all on the app called MyFitnessPal! If you aren't on it yet and you need a little motivation then join us! You can add friends and chat with one another too. You can add me through my email email@example.com. Now, if only I could get away from my computer long enough to get a worthwhile workout in. Also, maybe if I could control myself and not indulge in things like this...
S'more Birthday Cake! Yup, the works right there! I had WAYY too much last night, but it was so delish! ;-)
4. MEET UP WITH MY TPT/BLOGGER FRIENDS - This one I cannot wait for! On July 10, some of us New England bloggers are getting together to "meet" for the first time. Everyone is coming to Newport, RI and I am so excited to show them around town! We will be getting lunch, doing a harbor cruise, enjoying an adult beverage on the water, making a pit stop to Cupcake Charlie's (obviously ignoring bucket list item 3 that day), and any other tourist-y Newport things. I hope I can be a good enough host! Cross your fingers for me! Also, if anyone else in the area wants to join us, we would LOVE for you to come! Just send me an email and I will fill you in! ;-)
5. HAVE FUN! - This one might seem obvious when you are a teacher with the summer off, however, I don't have the summer off. I work at a restaurant on the water in Newport! As much as the extra cash is nice, I definitely want to enjoy myself this summer. Everyone needs a little fun, right?! I want to work a little less and focus on that job hunt, plus spend quality time at the beach! Yup, sounds like a plan to me!
My idea of a perfect summer day! I took this picture right after that horrible tropical storm was over! I just LOVE the beach!
I can't wait for summer to be in full swing! So much to do, with so little time!
Next on the agenda is an awesome giveaway! Ash over at The Polished Teacher is having her 500 follower giveaway! She has some awesome prizes to get you to the end of the year or stocked up for next year! Be sure to check out the blog post HERE!
Now maybe I can get ahead on that summer bucket list and get over to the gym! ;-) Talk to you all soon! Thanks for stopping by!