Monday, October 22, 2012

Hitting the Books!

Even though college is finished, it doesn’t mean I am done with my homework. I have decided to buy some books to educate myself further. During my student teaching, I had the opportunity to start reading a few books by Lucy Calkins and Richard Allington. Unfortunately, I never got to finish those books because of the hustle and bustle of the semester. But, now that I have more time, I decided to use some of my hard earned waitressing money to buy a few titles online. I purchased Calkins’ Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement and The Art of Teaching Reading; also, I bought Allington’s Classrooms That Work: They Can All Read and Write. I am so excited for these books to come in so I can learn some new ideas and methods! If anyone has any other book suggestions, I would LOVE to hear about them! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10